Monday, April 13, 2009

Home Opener

Watching the Citi Field opener and the new digs look great. I'll always have a soft spot for Shea, but I can't wait to check out a game at the new stadium.

I've just got one problem with this picture (other than the first batter homerun Pelfrey just allowed)--why oh why do the Mets insist on wearing those black and blue hats? Hideous. The New York City flag is orange and blue. My team is orange and blue. I really don't see how black fits into that equation.

I've read that the starting pitcher gets to choose the hats they wear, but why is the blue/black hat even an option? I don't think we need more than one hat, but if we must have two, can't the ugly one at least be solely an away hat? The black hats (as well as the black jerseys) smack of the late 90s, and they were ugly then.

No comments: