Thursday, April 30, 2009

Music: George Thorogood on the New York Mets

The Delaware Destroyer is probably in my top five least favorite musicians of the last forty years. Who knew he was a Mets fan? Not me. I can't figure out if this makes me like him more or the Mets less.

This is the part of the post where I put the embedded YouTube video. Well then, where is it, you ask? Embedding has been disabled for this video. God forbid someone would want to write a blog post about the Mets and/or George Thorogood. I blame Mr. Thorogood himself for this. I should probably just abandon this post, but I've already typed this much and it's really not that hard to follow this link to YouTubes to watch it for yourself. It's really worth the effort.

Just for (thoro)good measure (ha!), I'm gonna post this fine piece of musical cinema that the youtube is actually allowing me to embed. I think it's about going out and drinking with friends.

2 comments:

http://claimid.com/ztrexler said...

The slow-motion drink pours. The cigar. The fun shot of him looking through the bottom of a shot glass. That's art, Nick.

I'd never heard of anything from Georgie other than "Bad to the Bone" so this is refreshing to know he has other variable-sounding melodies in his bag.

Genius.

Mike said...

"cos you know when I drink alone,
I prefer to be by myself"